Cane Corso's Health
Cane Corso has a very strong health! Robust and rustic, this dog is tough, active and loves to exercise. The breed is hard nuts to crack, hardly gets sick.
But it is important to be alert to certain warning signs to let you know when to take it to a veterinarian, for example, if the dog:
- Stop eating;
- Do not want to interact and get prostrate;
- Limps without explanation;
- Presents Diarrhea and / or Blood in Stools;
- Coughs and has a runny nose; and;
- behaves differently than usual;
- Symptoms such as these indicate alertness. Make sure to take it immediately to your trusted veterinarian.
- Always leave the dog in an airy place protected from the sun/rain;
- Provide space for frequent physical activities;
- 24-hour access to fresh water;
- Food must be regulated - quantities and times indicated by the veterinarian or breeder;
- Access to pool only monitored;
- Watch the floor. Avoid tiled floors and other slippery ones;
- Watch out for the plants in your garden - there are poisonous plants to the dogs and while playing in the garden it can end up ingesting some toxic plant or even frogs. If you start to drool over abundant white foam, vomit or show any reaction, take it to the veterinarian immediately.
The "super premium" category feed ration is the most suitable for the cane corso puppy. Up to 4 months of age, the puppy should be fed 4 times a day. From 4 months to 6 months the periodicity is changed to 3 times a day and after 6 months 2 times a day.
As the breed is the molosso type, it is important to give him/her a vitamin based on controdine to strengthen the cartilage and help increase the production of hyaluronic acid, a component of synovial fluid, which helps in the lubrication of the joints. Condromax Pet and Condroton are some examples of this vitamin. It is recommended to give 1 tablet of 500mg to the puppy during the period of 4 to 6 months and thereafter up to 12 months, 1 tablet of 1000mg daily.
The cane corso is essentially a rustic dog, so up to 4 months of life, bathing should be avoided. After that, 1 bath can be given every 30 days. if you want to keep your dog clean without having to bathe him/her, you can wipe him/her with a damp cloth with water mixed with vinegar.
CLEANING THE EAR
Clean it up every 15 days with cotton.
If the puppy presents symptoms of belly pain, it is advisable to give him/her Floratil 100mg. The number of drops will depend on the weight of the puppy. If stomach ache persists, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Radiological exams may be done between 15 (preliminary) and 24 months (definitive).
If you want to train your puppy, the basic commands can be given as of 5 months of age.
EXPOSITIONS - DOG SHOWS
The TCane puppies are of high quality. If you would like to expose your TCane puppy at Dog Shows, you should train him/her with a professional Handler. After 5 months he/she will be able to debut on the expo shows.